Introducing an air-conditioner to our range of outdoor IP rated racks, means we can offer a turnkey solution for the outdoor installations.
We can customise these racks as required, including:
- IP rated racks
- Air conditioners
- UPS with long run batteries
- Lights and cameras when door is opened
- Tamper switches
- Environment censors
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW AND LEARN HOW YOU CAN GET YOUR
FREE ECO UPS FROM PSS DISTRIBUTORS
Try the BEST UPS Calculator in the world, just scan the QR Code to download our APP on your mobile device!
Have you checked it out yet? Super easy..super quick…does the work for you !
The 5 biggest mistakes made when ordering a UPS
1. Not knowing their load- If the load is not known, it’s like buying a Ute and not knowing what payload needs to be carried
2. Not knowing what battery time is needed- this is determined by the load requirements
3. What format and weight of UPS- UPS com in rack mounted or floor standing units and are primarily manufactured from copper and lead.
4. Power to supply UPS- in most cases when one big UPS needs to supply critical equipment, the load needs to come from one adequate supply.
5. No budget set aside for electrical work- When supplying a UPS that cannot be plugged into a 10A GPO, the UPS need to be wired in by a qualified electrician.
Our handy UPS calculator addresses most of the above questions making it an extremely useful tool when buying a UPS.
IP (or “Ingress Protection”) ratings are defined in international standards. They are used to define levels of sealing effectiveness of electrical enclosures against intrusion from foreign bodies (tools, dirt etc.) and moisture.”
No, the only time UPS should be switched off is when the load on the UPS has been removed. This can be done in the following conditions:
- The load has been transferred to another source
- In a parallel redundant system, when the redundant unit can accept full load
- The load is switched off entirely.
Therefore it is essential to maintain and test the UPS and batteries during scheduled times that is convenient to all parties.
From research carried out by various UPS companies, it has been shown that the chance of UPS failure is nearly four times greater when the unit is not regularly checked and serviced.
PSS Maintenance contracts include two site visits per year where PSS technicians will check the condition of the UPS and advise if any issues. We will test batteries, run discharge tests to establish battery life, check operating parameters as well as perform any required adjustments.
Our all-inclusive service contracts are designed to offer 24 x 7 peace of mind protection for our customers; we will take ownership of all UPS related matters and deal with them promptly.